12/20/2008

Justice, Mercy, Grace

Heard this from a preacher in Texas (pretty sure he's from Texas ... or was it Virginia? Can't remember his name for the life of me! He's a good guy - I've seen him a couple of times, thus the forgetting of his name):

Justice = getting what you deserve
Mercy = not getting what you deserve
Grace = getting what you do not deserve

Think about it. Make sure to let it simmer for a bit. Then, never forgetting that God gave Jesus what we deserve, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."- I Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 comments:

  1. I've heard the same definitions from another preacher. I guess they all share notes :)

    In any case, it makes plenty of sense! Keep writing MC IronMan! Maybe we can share notes some day.

    You're right - blogging is a great avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. Thanks for passin' through! Blog on!

    ReplyDelete