12/19/2008

And, furthermore...

Following up the previous post:

[Paul prayed], "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." -Ephesians 1:17 (I came upon this during my daily morning devotional. See how God works?!)

And, furthermore:

[The Lord says], "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity." -Jeremiah 29:12-14 (WOW... Talk about a verse sending shivers down the spine. So powerful.)

The wisdom of this world may help you understand a few things, but the wisdom of God will help you know HIM better - the God who created ALL of these things you so futilely try to understand on your own. Know God, then everything else will follow.
Seeking the treasures and satisfactions of this world can only satisfy you so much, and that satisfaction is temporary and fleeting. God knows that when you have exhausted all of the worldly options, you will see that God is the only satisfaction you ever really needed. God knows that you will seek Him and you will find Him. "I will be found by you," says the Lord. He waits patiently. He knows how foolish His children are, trying to satiate themselves with the ways and desires of the world. But, still, He waits, the loving and patient Father that He is. When we have nowhere else to turn, we turn to Jesus, where we should have turned to all along. With all your heart, when you take that first step to Him, you will be free, freed from "captivity." No more shackles, no more burdens - the wisdom of God sets us free. PTL, AMEN!!


On a totally random tangent, how can you not think that this is the funniest thing you've ever seen? Man, he's quick for a Dubya.

No comments:

Post a Comment